Thursday, November 3, 2011

I think I'm getting sick :(

It's been another whirlwind week....I won't bore you with work details, but let me tell you, I'm looking forward to the weekend. Here are my runs for the past few days:
Monday (Halloween)
- 8km (target pace 7:04/km; actual pace 7:01/km)
Tuesday
- 7km (target pace 7:03/km; actual pace 6:59/km)
Wednesday (in the rain)
- 6km (target pace 7:03/km; actual pace 7:00/km)

Monday night was Halloween and I had to teach at the community centre in the evening, but I did get to see some of the trick-or-treating before I left. Kona loved all the attention she got from the kids. Every time someone knocked, she ran to the door and of course the kids thought she was so cute and gave her lots of love. She did steal a chocolate bar out of the bowl and when confronted, she hung her head and pretended not to have it. It was pretty funny but she finally dropped it (she got a biscuit instead).
Tuesday night I was supposed to go to spinning but I made the mistake of taking a nap after my run. Of course, when the alarm went off, I had absolutely no motivation to get up, hence the skipped class. I'm going to have to make an effort to go next week because this is the second class in a row I have missed.
After dealing with our stupid furnace replacement Wednesday, I was desperate to go on my run. This whole furnace situation left me so frustrated that I needed to go blow off some steam. To summarize the situation, the housing agency is replacing our (working) furnace and it's going to take approximately 2 weeks to complete the project (or so they say). They delivered the new furnace in August (yes, August) but only arrived yesterday to do anything about it. They removed the old one and dug up the concrete in our basement, in addition to disconnecting our dryer and moving it halfway across the basement. Now, folks, it's early November in northern Quebec and we have no working furnace (the new one is just sitting in the basement, not installed yet).  Whose genius idea was this??? Not only that, but they expect you to be home for the arrivals of all the various contractors (6, I think), spread out over a couple weeks. I'm not pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment