Despite the ever-worsening weather here, I've been out running every day this week. Not a lot of kms, but I squeezed in as much as I could.
Monday
5km - target pace 7:04/km; actual pace 7:01
Tuesday
Spinning class! After two weeks of missed class, I finally had the energy to go to spinning and as usual, it was awesome. When I got home, I did a quick 4km to loosen up.
Wednesday (aka today)
I almost didn't go running tonight. I was going to go after my afternoon classes, but I decided to take a nap instead. Then after my evening class (9pm), it was cold and windy, but I managed to convince myself to get off the comfy couch and brave the elements. With all the gear I've purchased in the last few weeks, I really have no excuse not to get out there. And despite the fact that it was close to freezing with 25km/h winds, I barely even noticed. The only part of me that was cold were my hands, as usual. I put in 7km tonight, averaging 7:00/km, slightly off my target of 7:03.
Of all my new gear, I think I love my lululemon Dog Runner Pants the best. They were expensive (as always, unfortunately) but so far, they've been worth it. The pants are double-layered, a wind/water-resistant shell over top of a running tight. They are extremely comfy and quite warm so far. Even though the pants are too long (or maybe it's my being too short?), there are drawstrings at the bottom of each leg so you can tighten them around your ankle and you don't have to worry about them dragging on the ground while you run.
On another note, my new Saucony shoes arrived yesterday. After reading a recommendation online, I decided to get the Progrid Razors; they are waterproof, have a Gore-tex liner and they have a built-in zip-up ankle gaiter. (I'd post a picture, but I don't have my iPhone with me tonight.) Now all we need is some snow! Not that I actually want it to arrive, but I know it's just around the corner so it's better to be prepared.
I'm still considering doing the Ottawa marathon in the spring. My only hesitation is the time commitment the training would require, in addition to my already busy schedule. I'm still leaning more towards yes than no, but I'll keep you posted. With that in mind, how many weeks in advance should I start training? I've been perusing plans online and they vary in length from 16-26 weeks. Since this is my first one, should I opt for a longer plan? Are there any plans you would recommend? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment