Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's official.....I'm a wimp :(

I was supposed to go on a 10km speedwork run today. But......I was lazy. After meeting a friend at the gym for a lower-body workout in the morning, I stayed on the couch all day watching football and periodically napping.

By the time I finally decided to get my butt moving, it was dark. And cold. I convinced myself it wasn't that bad: -2*, 30km/h winds, -9* windchill. Not so bad, right? WRONG!!! I probably should have worn my neck gaiter to pull up over my face because I was freezing!!! Even in the middle of my interval, where I was running my heart out, I was still freezing. And because I had to run in the Qs because of the darkness, it meant I had to do ~3 laps. Which means I pass by my house. And of course, the gusts were particularly strong as I approached the house and I had a moment of weakness - I gave up. I went inside and cuddled with my puppies to warm up. I still managed to get in 3.16km - my 2km warm-up plus 1.16/1.6km of my interval (at pace, no less). I guess it's better than nothing. I'll try again tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing all weekend. I was pouting because I didn't pass my series 7 test. It was a nice rest weekend because I havn't layed around watching football for about 2 months. It felt great to NOT do a thing. Sometimes we all need those kind of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty darn cold! YES...it's much better than nothing. You lapped everyone on the couch! :D

    ReplyDelete