Saturday, November 26, 2011

Just registered for my first marathon....

I finally got the courage to click submit. I am now officially registered for the Ottawa Marathon on May 27, 2012. I am also registered for the Hamilton Around the Bay 30k Race in March. This is real....there's no turning back now. Training starts Jan. 16, 51 days from now. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. No good marathon plan has a 30km race that much before the marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not planning on racing it, just running it. It''ll be a nice change of scenery and my friend is doing it too. It's 2 months before the race, so there's plenty of recovery time and the previous week calls for a 27km, so I don't think it'll be too far off the mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It's official. We're both insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm looking at a spring 2012 marathon, too... Just have to figure out which one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will need to make SURE you are running at the pace you intend to run for your training and not give up what you want most (the marathon) for what you want in the moment (to do well in the 30K). Congrats on taking the plunge!! Submitting the registration really is the first step...now for all the other steps you'll take between now and the finish line!! :D

    ReplyDelete