I must confess - this weekend, I did absolutely zero running (plus I broke into the Halloween candy...). I did, however, do a very refreshing 4km run on Friday afternoon. It was quite cold but since I was only out there a short time, I wasn't freezing by the time I got home.
Saturday was jam-packed from the time I woke up (at, ahem, 9:30am) until I went to bed around 2am. I spent the entire morning cleaning and unfortunately, our vacuum broke. As in, I lifted it up to start using it and a piece fell off the bottom. After trying to fix it, I ended up sending Chris out to get a new one. He came home with this alien-looking machine. It's impossible to describe so here's a picture:
It works really well though and it has a cool attachment for doing the stairs too. I managed to get the house presentable by the time my friend came over in the afternoon. We hung out and chatted for a couple hours before the start of the ND game. We only got to watch the first half before we had to go, but things were looking good.
Saturday night we went to Chris' boss' retirement party at a local hotel. It was 6 hours long! We arrived at 6, cocktails til 7, then we spent the next 5 hours at the dinner table. We got our first course at 8, 2nd at 9, 3rd 10 and dessert at 11. It was a little boring for me, since I really didn't know anybody and almost all the conversations were in French and about planes and flying. The food wasn't even that good. Aside from being really long, it was an okay evening and I really enjoyed hearing the honouree's stories from his career. Unfortunately, we didn't get out of there until past midnight so it was quite late by the time we got home and into bed. As a result, today ended up being a lazy Sunday.
Reese's PB Cups rule!!
ReplyDelete