After three days of feeling like crap, I finally got fed up of staying on the couch and I went out for a 6km run in the beautiful 10*C weather. About a kilometre and a half into my run, a crow crapped on my head. As in, a crow was sitting on a lightpost, waited for the precise second when I passed underneath and decided at that moment to defecate. ON MY HEAD. And no, I wasn't wearing a hat. Thankfully, my friend's house was only a short jog away and I was able to use some paper towels to get most of it off.
The rest of the run was extremely enjoyable and I was having a real hard time keeping to my 7:03 target pace. I think my body really missed running the last couple days and I ended up with a 6:46/km average. I still don't understand why the Smart Coach program has the training paces so slow, but then the race paces so fast. I'm trying to follow the program but I'm worried that I'm losing some of the speed I gained this year.
And finally, I watched some of the NYC marathon this morning (part of the reason for my getting off the couch to go run). And I've been thinking - do I want to do a marathon? I've done 3 half-marathons plus a 20km race, so the challenge of completing the distance isn't really a challenge anymore. I'm not a speedster by any means, so cutting my times doesn't really interest me. I'm more of an endurance person anyways. I checked out the Ottawa Marathon at the end of May as a potential candidate. Any thoughts?
gah! well... in some cultures, having a bird poop on you is considered to be a sign of good luck!
ReplyDeleteas for the marathon: go for it! it's one of those things, years later, that you'll look back on and be glad you did.