Today, I got hit with a massive headache that felt like someone hit me in the head with a baseball bat. It wasn't a migraine, but it was rooted in the tension in my shoulders and neck. I spent most of the day in bed, rising only when absolutely necessary. I ended up cancelling my evening class as well - not ideal, but necessary under the circumstances. I'm feeling a fair bit better at the moment, but it looks like a run is out of the question. (It's also -14*C outside...) Here are my theories about the cause of my headache:
1. Crappy pillow. I've been saying that I need to replace my pillow for a while and I haven't gotten around to it yet.
2. Dehydration.
3. Muscle soreness and tension caused by all the push-ups I've been doing recently. I asked Chris for a massage earlier today to help with some of the discomfort and while he was able to break up some of the tension, it may have contributed to the headache.
Hopefully, I'll be back out on the roads tomorrow.
I hope that you're felling better soon. Bad headaches can be crippling. Feel better!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you are like me, when it's cold I tense up my shoulders when I run...I have to remind myself to relax much more than usual. That added to all the other factors = ouch!
ReplyDelete