Saturday, November 26, 2011

Streaking Day 2 - 4 Mile Turkey Trot

Yesterday was day 2 of the RW Streak and for my run, I did the Virtual 4 Mile Turkey Trot. Nothing too exciting to report. It was dark (left at 4pm and all the streetlights were on), so I took a picture before leaving instead. This one is with Kona (aka Miss Love), our 85lb husky-Newfoundland cross. She was jealous that Mika got her picture posted last time, so here's one of her giving me kisses before I leave.


Since this run was in honour of the American Thanksigiving, I'll give you my splits in miles instead of kilometres.
mile1 - 9:33
mile2 - 9:52
mile3 - 9:46
mile4 - 9:34
Total time: 38:46
I struggled with some knee pain through the end of mile 2 and into mile 3, so my pace dropped off a bit. Interestingly, I compared my time with my predicted time from Macmillan Running and it was only 15 seconds off their prediction. Pretty amazing!
I'm off to enjoy a nice breakfast now and I'll do day 3's run this afternoon. Happy running!

2 comments:

  1. Great job as always. Get after it...and keep up the hard work.

    Oh and I am looking into setting my zones on the software piece of the Garmin and not having much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you, I don't know how he did it, but McMillan's calculator is AMAZINGLY ACCURATE!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete