So I'm officially part of the Runner's World Holiday Running Streak. The criteria? Run 1 mile every day from the American Thanksgiving (aka today) to New Year's Day. Day 1 is complete with a 3.2km (2 mile) run around the PMQs. Since it wasn't part of my training schedule, I decided to take Mika (also affectionately known as Miss Muffin) on the run with me. Normally, I don't take her because, as a husky, she's not great at pacing. She just wants to go fast all the time and I usually end up getting dragged behind her. Also, she nearly dislocated my shoulder once when she spotted a marmotte (groundhog) and took off in the other direction. And with her peeing stops and sniffing stops, it's hard to keep a consistent pace, as the following splits demonstrate:
km1: 6:55
km2: 6:29
km3: 6:53
km3.2: 6:22/km (1:18 for the 0.2)
Mika had a blast and when we got home, she was pooped. She just flopped with a big husky smile on her face.
Tomorrow, if the weather is as beautiful as they're predicting, I'll be participating in a Virtual 4 Mile Turkey Trot. That'll be 2 laps of the PMQs (since it'll be dark by the time I get home from work, with the sun setting at 3:56m and all). I'm planning to count it as this week's tempo run and it'll be my first race since the QC City Half-Marathon back in August.
You have a great training partner!
ReplyDeleteNice work!
ReplyDelete(PS - for all that I complain about Florida heat/humidity, I am definitely thankful for longer daylight hours. Sunset at 3:56. Geez!)