Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Update

Saturday:
So, as it turns out, there was no Gazelles outing for my group. The 26km/h group coordinator sent out an email late Friday night, saying that she had received replies from a dozen or so people who weren't interested in going. We could still go, if we wanted, but we would have to join with the 28km/h group. I wasn't confident enough to do that, plus the prospect of sleeping in was extremely tempting, so I decided to stay home, warm and dry in my bed. We didn't really get a lot accomplished during the day. I did a bunch of errands and made some fudge for the party I went to Saturday night. Speaking of the party, I'm not going to go into details, since my grandmother reads this, but let's just say it was interesting. My outfit turned out great and I had a really good time. I didn't get home until 3am, but it was worth it. I can't wait to see pictures.
Sunday:
Since I got home so late Saturday night, I was in no mood to go to the 10km race in Chicoutimi that I had planned to go to. In fact, I didn't do anything all day Sunday, as I was not at my best. I pretty much just stayed on the couch most of the day. I finally braved the outdoors in the late afternoon when we decided to go to Chez Paulo's for dinner. We had pizza (very good, thanks for the recommendation, Nancy) and some poutine. Basically, hangover food. After that, we went straight to the movie theatre to watch Suckerpunch. Terrible, terrible movie. It was actually laugh-out-loud ridiculous. Basically, scantily-clad girls with guns doing ridiculously impossible things. If you haven't seen it yet, don't waste your time.
That was basically my weekend. No working out whatsoever, with lots of partying and junk food. Not exactly the best way to spend a weekend. But I'm scheduled for a 10km run tonight, so hopefully that'll make up for some damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment