This morning, I didn't have any classes, so that meant I got to sleep in. I must have been tired because I slept until 11:30 and didn't even notice. Mika slept on the bed with me and she was extremely comfy. Unfortunately, I completely forgot that I had my spinning class at 12, so I ended up missing it. I'm not terribly disappointed - I went last week and I wasn't very impressed with the instructor. I'd been taking a spin class at the CEGEP Thursday nights since January, with an awesome instructor, Martin. That class finished just before Easter and they were offering a spring session of 4 weeks. Unfortunately, I couldn't continue with Martin's class because of Taureaux practices on Thursday nights, so I switched to Fridays at lunch. Like I said, I'm not too happy with the new instructor, so when I sign up in the fall, I will make sure to take Martin's class again. Plus, you have to pay an arm and a leg to park at the CEGEP during the day, whereas at night it's free.
So, instead of going to spinning class, I cleaned for a few hours. I tackled the mountain of dishes that had accumulated all week, plus I did some laundry and vacuumed. There's still plenty to be done, but the house looks much better.
I dropped Chris off for his football game around 3, then I decided to go shopping. My first stop was UltraViolet, where I bought a waterproof shell and some shoe covers (to block the wind and keep the rain out). Not cheap, but I think it's worth it to invest in good gear. It's not like I'm going to grow out of it or anything. I tried the shoe covers when I got home and they look ridiculous, so they had better keep my feet perfectly dry. After that, I went to the SAQ and bought some provisions for the party tomorrow. Next, it was Loblaws and finally Sports Experts. There, I bought some cycling tights - like cycling pants, but without the chamois (butt padding). This way, when I get my Les Gazelles shorts, I can wear them over top of the tights if it's cold, without having 2 chamois. Plus, they make my legs look fantastic. I stopped in at Reitmans, because I have a $25 gift certificate, but nothing seemed to call my name; I guess I'll wait for another day.
This evening, I went to the gym for a speed interval run. The total distance was 6km, with 2 intervals of 1km each at an increased speed. After the 1st km (warm-up), I took a 30sec break to stretch out my knee, as it was bothering me. The last 5km I completed in under 30 minutes, which for me is a first. Now, I know that sounds like nothing to most people, but I am not a fast runner by any means. I'm much better at endurance events. I've been working on my speed for the last few months and at this point, I think it's my knee that's holding me back. At my next triathlon, I hope to do the run portion in under 30min - that would be a huge accomplishment for me.
Now I'm waiting to hear from Chris, so I can go pick him up from his game. They likely won't be back in town until after 12am, so it'll be a late night for me. I'm supposed to have Les Gazelles in the morning (the scheduled ride is from Jonquiere to Alma and back), but I got an email from one of the group coordinators about possibly cancelling it. We've been under a rainfall warning all week and there's supposed to be heavy rain all morning tomorrow. I'm waiting to hear the final word on whether it's a go, but I'll be ok either way. It'll be nice to sleep in and stay warm, but on the other hand, I did just buy a bunch of rain gear, so I'd like to try it out. We'll see what happens.
I am presently watching All the Pretty Horses and it sucks. Just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment