Monday, May 9, 2011

Good run tonight

A couple things to report.
First, I called the recruiting office this morning to see if any jobs have opened up. The guy called me back this afternoon and unfortunately, nothing has changed. However, he did put me on the call list for Logistics, Intelligence and Air Traffic Controller, so hopefully that will help. I'm also going to call back every month or so, just in case. I really hope something opens up soon!
Tonight I went over to the gym for a run. Because I did so well on my last speed run, I thought I'd up the ante on this one too. I made it my goal to do my 10km in under an hour; in fact, I did it in 59:49. My knee hardly bothered me at all and I wasn't nearly as tired as I thought I would be. I'm also extremely excited for the packages that will be arriving this week. Today, I received the running socks and Shot Blocks I ordered from MEC. Tomorrow, I should receive the sports bra and tank top I ordered from lululemon. And later this week, I'm expecting my Garmin 305 to arrive. Now, I've wanted to buy this GPS watch for a while; it tracks your location, so it gives extremely precise distances and speeds, plus it measures your heartrate and a million other things. It's basically made for information freaks like me. Chris finally agreed so I ordered it before he could change his mind. (I will say, however, it was on sale for over 50% off.) I have a 17km run coming up this weekend, so I hope it arrives in time.
I'm also in the process of organizing a final dinner for Les Taureaux this weekend. So far, most of the kids and their parents have confirmed, so I think it'll be a good time. Sad, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment