Sunday, May 15, 2011

118....wahooo!!!!

This morning was my one chance all week to sleep in. Monday-Thursday I had work, Friday I had the car appointment at 8 and Saturday I had my Gazelles sortie, so I was really looking forward to this morning. Of course, my body decided that I needed to be awake early for some reason. I tried to stay in bed as long as I could, but I ended up getting up at 9. As a result, I was surprising productive today. I had a load of laundry out on the line by 10, and then Chris and I went to the gym.
My run today was an 8km Fartlek run, plus I wanted to do some weights after, so I decided not to run outside (even though the weather was pretty nice). Plus, they're doing some kind of health promotion/raise support for the troops in Italy at the gym; apparently, it would take ~78 000 minutes to walk to Italy, so they wanted everyone on the base to pitch in and record their physical activity for the week to meet that goal. I have been training mostly outside this week, so I didn't have a chance to add in my minutes; over the last 7 days, I contributed about 900min and Chris had just over 1000 with all his football practices.
A Fartlek run is basically a fancy way of saying speed intervals. I did a 1km warmup, then 5 intervals of 3min at a significantly faster pace, with a ~.75km recovery in between, and a cool-down for a total of 8km. After my run, I went down to the weight room and did an arm workout (bench press, biceps curls, military press, shrugs, and lateral raises). When I got home, I weighed myself and I'm down to 118lbs! It must have been that bike ride yesterday. And this was all before 12!
We spent the afternoon doing errands, then we took the dogs for a walk. In order to tire them out, we had them do a lap of the neighbourhood pulling some tires first. That way, they don't pull as much later in the walk. Then I spent the afternoon writing progress reports! At least it was nice enough that I could work outside. I'm proud to say that I finished the reports for 2 of my Wednesday groups before we went to the movie. Plus, with the one I wrote when we got home, I only have 8 more to do before Wednesday!
The movie at the theatre this week was Limitless. It wasn't too bad - the basic premise of the movie is that a guy starts taking some pills that make him insanely smart and the movie is about the problems he encounters. There were some painfully obvious flaws in the plot, but at least it was something vaguely original.
And it's back to work tomorrow morning. I have only 7 more teaching days and I must say, I'm very excited. This week, I have my usual Monday, Tuesday and Thursday classes, but since my Wednesday classes are finished, in that gap I'm teaching my Monday groups again (because of holidays, there are more Monday classes left than other days). After I'm done teaching in a couple weeks (and writing progress reports), it looks like I'll be off (aka unemployed) for the summer. At least it'll give me more time to focus on my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment