This morning, I went over to the gym for attempt #2 on my 10km run. I decided to try something different this time and I didn't eat anything before running, but I did make up some Gatorade in my water bottle. It seemed to work alright; I didn't have any cramps like I usually do and I finished my 10km in 59:49. Because I woke up late today, doing a morning run AND an afternoon run wasn't really an option, so I'll do my speed run tomorrow instead.
After an afternoon of doing errands and writing progress reports, I started preparing dinner. As I mentioned yesterday, I decided to try some recipes from my new cookbooks - Lentil Feta Salad and Peasant Soup. They both took a fair bit of work and it was the first time I'd made anything with lentils, but overall I'm happy with how they turned out. The only problem I ran into was roasting the almonds for the salad; you have to watch them extremely carefully because they're fine, they're fine, then they're burnt - there didn't seem to be any in-between. On the menu for tomorrow night is Chicken Madras with Paneer and Raita. I'm really excited for some spicy food!
No comments:
Post a Comment