Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Half-way there...

Now that my Tuesday classes are finished, I'm half-way done my work-week. It was a busy day and it's still not finished, unfortunately.
As soon as I got home from work, I had to drive Chris to practice in town. I stopped at Loblaws to get the things I needed to make cupcakes for my classes tomorrow. Because of holidays and sick days, it worked out that my Wednesday classes finish 2 weeks before the others and I've got some special activities planned for them. So I flew home from the grocery store, made 2 batches of cupcakes while getting ready for Les Gazelles. I somehow managed to get everything done in time and I even found time to eat something.
When I got there, however, I discovered that my bike computer wasn't working. Some guy tried to help me fix it, but he ended up making it worse because he moved the sensor on the rear wheel. I ended up figuring out for myself what was wrong and I re-installed it in the correct place - yay for me! The route we went on tonight had a few steep hills. I must admit, I was a little worried that I would be a complete wimp in comparison to the other ladies, but I actually surprised myself. In fact, I made it to the top of the three hills first and had to wait for the others, and I was hardly tired. It was a little frustrating towards the end of the ride, because one of the girls was really tired and our pace slowed significantly. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but it was really cold when the sun started to set, plus the wind was strong, and all I wanted to do was go home.
When I got home, I immediately set to making my 3rd batch of cupcakes. Then, I made dinner - boneless buffalo wings, dipped in Frank's Hot Sauce and coated with Fibre One breading. A lot of work, but definitely worth it (and low-calorie, too). I also prepared a Jeopardy-style quiz game for my morning class and managed to squeeze in tonight's episode of Glee while we ate. It's now 11:30 and I still need to make icing for the cupcakes, so that's what I'm off to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment