Tonight was my long run for the week (18km). The plan was the same as last week; Chris had his football practice in La Baie so I decided to do my run there. I almost bailed and did my run at the gym because we had a spontaneous thunderstorm late this afternoon. We were hit by the torrential downpour in Chicoutimi and drove through blinding rain all the way home. Unfortunately, I had put a load of laundry on the line and I was expecting my clothes to be strewn all over the backyard. In fact, the storm hadn't reached the base yet, so I ran out and brought the clothes in as fast as humanly possible. It was just starting to rain, so I was really lucky. I still had to toss them in the dryer for a bit, but it could have been much worse.
Anyways, despite the rain, I decided to go for my run and it ended up being quite hot and sunny in La Baie. I struggled a bit with the temperature; for the first half of the run, I was wearing just a tank top with my jacket tied around my waist. After that, as the sun started to go down, I kept going back and forth between wearing and not wearing the jacket. Chris was able to extra-tighten the lids on the water bottles on my hydration belt, so they didn't leak all over me this time. All in all, it was a good run; I mostly ran around the waterfront, out to Mont Belu and back to the port, and my final time was 1:58:47. On this run, my average speed was 9.1km/h, compared to 8.9 for my 17km run last week. When I got, I was feeling a little dizzy and nauseous, but once I got something to eat and drink, I felt much better. Next week, my long run is 19km, then it's a taper week, then it's the race. It's getting close!
Tomorrow morning, I have my Gazelles outing. This week, we're meeting at Costco and biking out to Bec Scie in La Baie (~50km). Apparently, the uniforms have arrived, so I'm excited to get my pink kit. We also have the May 2-4 party tomorrow night, which promises to be a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment