Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy weekend!

Today was my last day of work for the week. Normally, I have a class Friday morning, but this week my student cancelled because of another appointment. My Thursday classes at the Tax Centre are awesome. I have 2, one at 10 and the other at 1, and they're both advanced grammar classes (advanced I and advanced II). I love teaching grammar, especially at this level, and the students in these classes are so full of energy. It's a great way to end the week.
Today's workout was an 11km run. It was a good run, my knee hardly bothered me at all, but I did feel rather faint at the end. I've done a few runs at this distance before, so I decided to up the speed on this one, so that may have contributed to my light-headedness. For Christmas, I got these really awesome running socks from Chris' parents. I love them - they're double layered, so there's no rubbing or blistering. I love them so much that I decided to order some more from MEC and while browsing the site, I saw that they have Clif Shot Blocks. I tried these last year, since my stomach is really sensitive to food while training, and since they're really soft and gelatinous, they didn't cause any problems. They're difficult to find here, as there's no dedicated running store, so I decided to order some. They should arrive next week and I'll try them with my next long run.
Tomorrow, Chris is gone all evening. Even though Les Taureaux are finished, Chris also volunteers with the high school team in Chicoutimi and they have a game tomorrow night somewhere. I'm planning to spend my evening doing a bit of shopping (biking stuff), cleaning (blah) and watching girly movies. This weekend is shaping up to be busy: Saturday is my next outing with Les Gazelles, Saturday night is a party at my friend's house, and Sunday morning there's a 10km race at UQAC. I figure I'll treat the race as a training run, just to shake things up a bit. I also need to start training for the Quebec City Staircase Challenge, which is coming up at the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment