Friday, December 9, 2011

Here comes the snow!

It's pouring snow outside! It's actually quite beautiful from an inside-don't-have-to-drive-or-shovel-it perspective. We're finally starting to get some significant accumulation; it's weird because normally by December 9th, we would have a lot of snow (measured in feet, not inches). However, I'm not complaining.
I survived my 18 hours of fasting and it only took about 2 hours to get all the tests done at the hospital. Confession: I was so hungry that I stopped at McDonald's on the way home for a burger. Disgusting, I know, but I was REALLY hungry.
When I got home, it was time for my run! (after a suitable digestion period of course) It was only a mile, so it was over before I knew it. I took it nice and easy, and everything was feeling good. Weird thing though - I was thinking so much about my knee possibly hurting that I started imagining it hurting. Does that make any sense? It didn't actually hurt (thankfully) because as soon as I forced myself to think about something else it felt fine. What do they call it, psychosomatic pain? Something like that?
Tonight, we went to a Christmas party for Chris' work. It turned out to be a lot of fun and we each won a door prize (a martini shaker set, and a nice bottle of wine with two glasses). Then the karaoke started. They opened with this local classic, La rue principale by Les colocs. Basically, it's about how opening the new mall (le centre d'achat) destroyed all the local businesses, like a bomb dropping on the main drag. And you wonder why some people call this region "Redneck Quebec"....

2 comments:

  1. Oh... I love snow! (When I don't have to drive in it, of course.)

    As for "Redneck Quebec" we have so much in common! My new home in Florida is on the "Redneck Riviera!" ;)

    PS - Welcome back to running. :)

    ReplyDelete