I almost didn't go. Almost. But after chasing Miss Mika around the neighbourhood (after she somehow got off her leash), I realized that -23*C (-10*F) wasn't so bad. So I got my lazy butt up off the couch and went out for a leisurely 3 miles around the neighbourhood. The roads have been packed down in the last few days, so it's much easier for running (aside from a few slippery patches here and there). This is what I looked like when I came back:
I didn't bother wearing my glasses because I knew they'd just get fogged up. My hair was a mess when I took my hat and neck gaiter off! I'm glad I got out there and as a bonus, it was entirely pain-free!
Going back to Miss Mika's escape. I tracked her down by following her foot-steps through the snow (one advantage to winter, right?). In the process, however, I managed to creep some guy out, as he was watching me (from his back window) tramp through his backyard, whistling and calling the dog's name. I waved and continued on my way. I was out there in a jacket and PJ bottoms - how much of a threat could I possibly have been?
Haha! That guy probably thought that you were crazy! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is almost the craziest picture I've ever seen--so glad you captured that!! :D
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing your pictures I will do no more complaining about running in the cold!!
ReplyDelete