So I managed to survive my Thursday and Friday with minimal pain and suffering. Because of the fatigue accumulated throughout the week, I didn't do any runs on those days (the gloomy, cold, rainy weather didn't help my motivation either). Friday night, Chris was at an away game in Quebec City with his football team, so I had the house to myself! How did I spend my evening alone? It was pretty lame, actually. Dishes, laundry, vacuuming, cheesy chick flick (it was god-awful) and cookies.
Even though it was supposed to rain all day Saturday, I managed to squeeze in a run between showers. I did an easy 8km with a 7:05/km target pace. I managed to get all my splits in under 7:05 and it was a great run! After such a hectic week, it was so nice to have an hour to myself - it was so relaxing. I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually enjoying running in the cool weather. In the evening, I went to a friend's house for a potluck and probably ate back all the calories I burned off during my run, but it was fun so I don't care.
Sunday morning at 6:15am, I had the privilege of driving Chris to meet the bus for his other away game this weekend. Yay....not. I came home and went straight back to bed. When I finally got up, I spent a few hours lesson planning and writing tests for three of my classes this week. Creating tests takes so long....
In the afternoon, I went for my speed run, 3x1600@9:13. After a 2km warm-up, I did the 3 intervals at 8:56, 9:03 and 9:07, with 800m recovery after each. I normally don't enjoy doing long intervals, but today wasn't too bad. The temperature was around 5*C (41*F) and I'm glad I invested in some winter gear to make it more comfortable.
Tonight, Chris and I took the dogs for a walk so I could write down the locations of all the burnt-out street lights. In total, we found 17 lights that were out and considering the PMQs only have about 4km of roads, that's a pretty ridiculous ratio. We're going to send the list to the city tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get changed soon - it'll make my night runs a little less treacherous.
what movie did ya watch?
ReplyDelete"The Switch" with Jennifer Aniston. It was ridiculously predictable but it served its function as a mindless chick flick.
ReplyDelete