Despite being a short week because of Monday's holiday, this week seemed to go on forever! I was on the go from 6:30 every morning until past midnight every night. I started teaching two new civilian classes on the base, one on Thursday afternoons (intermediate level) and the other Friday mornings (absolute beginners), which means my week is now booked solid - I have something every single weekday morning, afternoon and evening. No wonder I'm exhausted by the end!
Here's a run-down of this week's workouts:
Monday - easy 3km
Tuesday - spinning at the CEGEP (This week's class was really hard! I don't know if it was because I was tired from the long weekend or because he made us do a wall-sit in the middle of the class, but I was hurting by the end.)
Wednesday - easy 4km
Thursday - 9km with 6km tempo (Throughout the tempo portion of the run, I was really struggling to keep my target pace, especially because of the wind and cold. But when I got home and uploaded my run, it turns out I actually hit the pace exactly - 6:27/km.)
Friday - rest
Saturday - easy 8km (Even though it looked gloomy outside, the weather was perfect for a run!)
Last night (Saturday) at the officer's mess on base, they had an Autumn Ball. Chris had two dates for the evening, me and my friend M. It was a black-tie affair, so we got all dressed up in our fancy dresses and M did my hair for me. The dinner was a 5 course meal - salad, soup, entrée, dessert, port/cheese. The food was really good (even though it was mess food) and they had a singer and pianist there for entertainment. Afterwards, the local regimental band was there but we decided to go home because they weren't really playing "dancing music". All in all, it was a fun way to spend a Saturday night!
It's nice to get all 'decked out' every now and then. Glad you enjoyed it especially with all the craziness.
ReplyDelete