Nothing to exciting to report - just a long, long day. The weather was beautiful after my class on the base so I went for an 8km run before my evening class. My calves were sore today from my speed workout yesterday, so I was looking forward to the opportunity to run easy and loosen them up. Unfortunately, it didn't really work and they're still sore, probably because I was having difficulty running slow. My target pace was 7:05/km and these were my splits:
km1 - 6:55
km2 - 6:51
km3 - 6:49
km4 - 7:01
km5 - 7:01
km6 - 6:52
km7 - 6:48
km8 - 6:35
So, not even close to 7:05. My average pace over the whole run was 6:52/km and I just couldn't make myself slow down. I've got a short run planned for tomorrow, so I'll try to take it easy then.
On an unrelated note, I'm making Indian food for dinner tonight! Chicken madras with basmati rice and man, does it smell good!
No comments:
Post a Comment