Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's only Wednesday???

My goodness, how long will this week go on for? And you're telling me there are still 2 days left???
Despite constantly running from one thing to the next, I have managed to squeeze in a real run every day so far this week. Monday was a nice relaxing 8km run, even though it was a bit cold. I averaged a pace that was 4 seconds faster than my target, so that was a nice bonus. In the evening, I discovered that my dog Kona, who loves to carry around shoes, had relocated my left shoe (always the left one) upstairs. Not only that, but she untied the shoelaces, which are usually kept in a double knot. How and why she did this, I'll never know.
On Tuesday, one of my afternoon phone classes was cancelled so I managed to squeeze in a 5km run over lunch. Unfortunately, it was really cold and rainy, so it was not my most enjoyable run and I spent the rest of the afternoon freezing! Tuesday evening was my usual spin class and as always, it was a great class. I managed to do the middle-of-the-class 90sec wall-sit without blinking, which is a serious improvement for me. Unfortunately, I had to race home after the class because I had to teach a course myself 45 minutes later. The spinning class finished at 8:15 in Chicoutimi, I drove home, showered and made it to La Baie for 9:00. Quite impressive, even if teaching until 10:00pm is not exactly my cup of tea.
Today at work, I had a surprise visit from my boss (she works in Quebec City, 2 hours away). It wasn't a formal teaching evaluation but it always makes me a bit nervous when my supervisor sits in on my classes. I really had no reason to stress about it but I can't help it. Anyways, it turned out to be a nice visit and we chatted over lunch. She also offered some interesting ideas during class discussions and my students were their fantastic selves.
After work, I was planning to take a nap but as usual, that never seems to happen. I did my 4km run immediately after I got home; unfortunately, it was not very enjoyable due to stomach issues and the fact that I hadn't dressed warmly enough. I had a few work tasks to get done and before I knew it, it was time to go to the movie with my English class. With the courses at the community centre, we're allowed to take our groups to the English theatre on base once per session. This week, the movie playing was Colombiana and that's the one they chose to go see. For me, the movie was only so-so; Chris, however, loved it - from a guy's perspective, what more could you want than a sexy lady, guns and explosions?

1 comment:

  1. I was just saying the same thing to myself. It's been a very long week. I just have a lot of studying in front of me for the next 3 weeks so it may be time for a road trip soon!

    ReplyDelete