Monday, August 22, 2011

Quinoa attempt #2

For dinner tonight, I made a quinoa and veggie salad with a spicy tomato soup. It turned out quite well, though I am still getting used to the unique flavour of the quinoa. Plus, it didn't look like vomit this time! I think the salad would have tasted just a bit better if I had remembered to buy fresh mint, though. It was a lot of work prepping all the vegetables (carrots, celery, cucumbers, radishes, green onions, two kinds of tomatoes and I can't remember the rest) but in the end it was worth it plus we've got lots of leftovers.
After dinner, just before I was planning to leave for my interval run tonight, I started to feel really dizzy even though I was sitting down. It happened a few times, so I decided to play it safe and forgo the run. I'll make it up tomorrow at the gym while Chris is at his physio session. Instead, we watched tonight's episode of Hell's Kitchen. I can't wait until Elise gets sent home - gah, I just want to punch her in the face!
On another note, I got my new glasses in the mail today! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment