Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kingston......again

We arrived in Kingston after yet another long drive. I had a work meeting from 7:30-8:30 this morning, so Chris dropped off the puppies at the pet hotel and came back to get me. Then we went to Chicoutimi to pick up our rental car. After all the miles we've put on our Aveo this summer, we decided to take advantage of the option to rent a car instead. We got a Toyota Matrix and I must say, I love this car! We've started talking about what our next car will be (though it'll probably be a couple years away) and the Matrix is definitely at the top of my list. For dinner, we had some delicious Indian food from Curry Original and now we're just relaxing before going to see Crazy, Stupid Love at the theatre.
As far as my running, I've decided to take a few days off to give my hip/knee a chance to recover before my next races. My hip seems to be much better but my knee, not so much. It's quite sore if I stand up after sitting for a while and stairs are a bit of a challenge as well. If it's not better by the time we get back to B-Ville, then I might see about getting a doctor's appt or going to the clinic. On a related note, they've posted the pictures from the Quebec City race and for once, there's actually a good picture of me (I'm even thinking about ordering it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment