Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Brrrr...

Last night, I had a rather rude awakening. Miss Mika, who was sleeping on the bed with us, got sick all over the comforter. I was up for most of the night because the vomit managed to soak through the duvet cover, into the duvet, into the flat sheet, into the fitted sheet and finally stopped with the mattress cover. Thankfully, the mattress was okay but that's a lot of laundry. I wanted to get it washed as soon as possible a) so it wouldn't stain, and b) because it was the most disgusting smell you could possibly imagine. I'm not normally bothered by disgusting stuff but this actually made me (and Chris) gag. Not fun.
I got another little administrative project from my boss to work on this week. For this one, I'm putting together the schedule for the CRA telephone classes, which means contacting the students and slotting them in according to the teachers' availabilities. It involves a lot of complicated spreadsheets but it's quite fun, almost like a puzzle.
For dinner, I made chicken piccata linguine. Basically, it's linguine with chicken cooked with chicken broth and lemon juice, with capers, parsley and parmesan cheese added. It was really good and it actually looked like the picture! Plus, it only took about 20 minutes to make. This is definitely on my "to make again" list.
Later in the evening, I went for the run I was supposed to do yesterday (8km, 6x3min speed intervals). Man is it starting to get cold already. It's August and I was outside running in crops and a long-sleeved shirt and I was still cold! I'm going to have see about getting some gloves because my hands were freezing by the end. All in all, it was a good run and I definitely appreciated the hot shower afterwards.
There's something I forgot to mention yesterday. When I was at Walmart in the afternoon, I parked between two cars - one who was parked correctly (on the right) and one who was slightly over the line (on the left). Given that I have a very small car, fitting between the two of them (and between the lines) was not an issue for me. The way I see it, by parking between the lines, it ensures that the parking problem is not perpetuated indefinitely. However, apparently not in the Saguenay because when I got back to my car, there was a note on my window:


That's what you get for parking between the lines people!

No comments:

Post a Comment