Thursday, August 25, 2011

Migraine :(

Today got off to a rather rough start when I woke up this morning with an intense migraine. I used to get them almost daily back in university, but my doctor gave me something to take everyday to help prevent them and it's done a damn good job. Unfortunately, sometimes one sneaks through and today was one of those days. I have been lucky - it's been months since the last one, so I guess I was due. And of course, this morning, the phone was ringing off the hook with students returning my calls and the alarm wouldn't stop going off. And they launched 6 (yes, 6!) jets this morning and I don't know why (cloud cover, different runway?) but they were especially loud this morning. And to top it off, the guys came to drop off the new furnace bright and early and a half hour before they were supposed to. Not a good start to the day. I ended up cancelling my morning class (with one of my private students), taking a few Advil and going back to bed.
I got up around lunchtime because I had a bazillion calls to return plus new ones to make and it couldn't really wait any longer. The worst of the migraine had subsided and it remained as a sharp ache in the side of my head, which is something I'm used to functioning with. The rest of the afternoon flew by in a flurry of spreadsheets, phone calls and emails but I'm impressed with the amount of work I accomplished.
For dinner tonight, I made buffalo chicken wraps. It's a meal that requires minimal effort but packs quite a bit of taste. I should mention that last night I made an awesome sausage risotto. It was super delicious! I also made a cold cucumber soup (at Chris' request) but honestly, I didn't really like it. I don't think it was quite what Chris had in mind, either. I'll have to talk to his mom to see how she makes hers.
For my run tonight, I just did a quick 5km. I didn't want to push it because my head was (and is) still hurting, but I finished in under 30 minutes, so yay for me. Tomorrow, I have a 10km run scheduled and it'll be my last before the Quebec City half marathon on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment