Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tempo run + new jacket + food rave

Today, I had set a goal for myself: do my run in the morning before I go to work. Thursdays are great for accomplishing this since I leave a little bit later to go to work (8:00 instead of 7:30). I had every intention of doing it, but......it didn't happen. I didn't get to sleep until really late so when the alarm went off, the temptation to go back to sleep was just too great.
In the end, I went for my run after my knitting/crocheting group (someone actually showed up this time!!!). It was raining a little bit, so it gave me a chance to try out a new jacket from Lululemon that I bought last week (it's the Run: Essential Jacket). When I first put it on, I thought - there's no way this thing will keep me warm. By the end, though, I was actually too hot, so it definitely surprised me. Today's run was a 5km tempo run at 6:20/km with 2km easy warm-up and 1km cool-down. My total time was 52:33, with my 5km in 31:29 (slightly faster than my goal time). It was a good run and my longest in a while - the last time I did more than 5km was my half-marathon in Quebec City at the end of August.
On an unrelated note, I have to rave about some food I bought this week. Chris has been gone for the last couple days, so I've been on my own food-wise. I decided to take this opportunity to try some frozen Indian entrees I've seen at the grocery store. They're made by President's Choice (PC) and they're part of their Blue Menu (healthier options). I tried the Butter Chicken and the Chicken Korma, and each entree includes some rice, some chicken and some sauce. It's hard to imagine, given that it's frozen food, but they were so good! I couldn't believe how awesome they were. I'm not Indian, so I have no idea if they're authentic or not, but they were delicious and that's all I care about. Plus, they were 370 and 380 calories respectively for a generous serving of food. (I wanted to eat more, but only because they tasted good, not because I was still hungry). 6 minutes in the microwave, no preparation, no dishes - what more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment