Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back to the classroom...

Whew, the last couple days have been really busy and it's only just starting. Yesterday morning, I had 3 phone classes to start the week, plus a bit of admin. As it stands now, I have 5 phone students Monday morning and 5 Tuesday afternoon. One of the things I hate about the beginning of the school year is how sore my throat gets the first couple weeks. It's almost like it has to get back in shape for all the talking I do, especially with these phone classes. In the afternoon, I taught on the base and while Chris was at practice, I did a bunch of errands around Chicoutimi. I got all my photocopying for this week done, plus I bought a dog bed for Miss Kona, a new answering machine, a couple mugs, some groceries and a 2012 agenda. Yes, I know it's early, but I saw exactly what I wanted while I was in Staples and I figured that if I waited, it wouldn't be there when I went back.
For dinner last night, I made beef fajita salad wraps (I guess that's what you'd call them - salad + strips of seasoned beef on tortillas). I also made the marinade for tandoori chicken and got that all ready for tonight because I knew it'd be a busy day. (As I'm writing, the chicken is in the oven and man does it smell good!) After dinner, I did a bike workout on my trainer in the evening while we watched Hell's Kitchen and Elise still hasn't been sent home. Gah!!!!

Today was my first day back in Jonquiere. I don't know why, but I'm always nervous the first class. Even though I worked there all last year and most of my students today I have taught before, I was still a little nervous. I had two classes this morning, then a phone class in the afternoon. Because the rest of my Tuesday afternoon phone classes don't start until next week, I was able to squeeze in a quick nap after dealing with a scheduling mini-crisis.
In the evening, the MFRC had their welcome/registration night so I was there with my booth for the knitting/crocheting group I'm running, as well as the anglophone group. I got a few names on my list, which is great, and I was able to chat with lots of people. I also talked to the base cycling club and I'm now on their mailing list; they also mentioned that they might start a running club, which would be fantastic. After that, I went to the CEGEP for my spinning class. The instructor is fantastic and I'm really glad I took the time to find out which classes he would be teaching. All in all, it's been a pretty long day and I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment