Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Challenging run

After my 1-mile time-trial on Sunday, I entered the data in the Smart Coach program on the Runner's World site and voila, I had a new plan. My first scheduled run was today and according to the plan, I was to run 3km at 7:03/km. Normally, I run at a much faster pace and consequently, a much higher intensity. However, I'm going to put my faith in the program and try to follow the pacing suggestions as best I can. During my run, I really had to hold back and it was extremely difficult, even more difficult than pushing myself to run fast. At the end of the 3km, I thought, "That's it???" I couldn't believe the run was over already. Again, I'm going to trust the program and follow the mileage guidelines. At this point, as we head into the winter, what do I have to lose? On another note, my heart rate stayed below 200 for the entire run, maxing out at 195, and I barely broke a sweat (a first for my normally-sweaty self).
In the evening, I had my spinning class at the CEGEP. As always, it was a fantastic class and it has quickly become the highlight of my week. I found out that my spinning instructor ran a 2:33 marathon in Montreal this past weekend. I couldn't believe it! I congratulated him on such an awesome time and it seems he has some prize money coming once they finalize the rankings.
For dinner tonight, I made something that used to be one of my favourite meals growing up. It's a chicken-broccoli-cheese casserole that you serve over rice - I promise it tastes much better than it sounds. This afternoon, my sister called to ask a question about how to make it (because she was having it for her dinner) and I suddenly decided that I wanted it too. It's been at least a year since the last time I made it and it was as good as I remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment