Mika, our 2-year-old husky/border collie, while extremely strong-willed and too smart for her own good, has some moments of loyalty and caring that just blow my mind. Last night, for example, after my run, my back started spasming (as it does sometimes). As I lay there on the floor, with an ice pack on my back, Mika came over, curled up beside me, reached out her paw and rested it on top of my hand. She stayed there with me until the spasming subsided and I could move again. Then of course, she was back to her usual rambunctious self.
Another similar example happened last year during the winter. I had spent the early morning puking my guts out before finally falling asleep on the bathroom floor. When Chris got up to go to work, he found me there asleep and sure enough, there was Mika, lying beside me so she could keep an eye on me.
Mika is a lady of comfort....
No comments:
Post a Comment