Saturday, January 7, 2012

Very sore today

I went to the gym yesterday with my friend V and we did a modified version of the Runner's World IronStrength workout. Because we had done an arm workout on Tuesday, I cut out the upper-body set, and I changed it from a time-based workout to a specific number of sets. This is what we did:
3 x 15 jump squats
3 x (15 plank rows, 15 push-ups, 15 sit-ups)
3 x (10 lunges, 10 single-leg squats)
3 x (15 mountain climbers, 15 leg downs)
3 x 10 burpees
1 min left, centre, right planks

We were pretty tired by the end. Holy crap, it's intense! Despite a full half-hour of stretching afterwards (plus more foam-rolling when I got home), I'm pretty sore. I'm going to try to go out for an easy run today, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a pretty nice workout! I usually skip over the Runner's World weight workouts and do my own thing, but the one you did really sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete