Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another freezing run in the books

The military police here must think I'm nuts! They drove past me a total of 5 times during my 4 miles (2 different cars, too). It was -19*C/-2*F with a windchill of -26*C/-15*F, 9:00 at night, and there I was, out running dressed like the Michelin Man (thanks JamesKS for the analogy). I didn't take any pictures this time, but I arrived home looking pretty much the same - icicles in my eyelashes, eyebrows and hair, with a layer of frost covering my neck gaiter. It had better warm up soon!
(On a slightly more offensive note....When I got outside and the cold air hit me, I actually said out loud, "F**k you, winter!" I was listening to my iPod at the time and I'm not entirely sure how loud I said it. Thankfully, most of my neighbours are francophone, though I'm confident most of them know the F-word.)

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I said the same thing on Tuesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come visit me in February. And I'll go visit you in July! Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete