Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chilly run - off the TM and back outside for a bit

Yesterday, I did my 8 mile long run at the gym on the treadmill. I was pretty much the only one in the cardio room all night. I guess that's what you get for going at 7pm on a Friday night. (Is that pathetic?) Technically, our gym has a 30 minute limit on cardio machines and I feel bad violating it when I do a longer run. But if there's no one else vying for a treadmill, I don't feel so bad, so I try to go when it's less busy. I did my 8 miles in about 90 minutes and I left feeling as though my soul had been sucked out. It takes so much more mental energy to run on the dreadmill. Given that it was -25*C/-13*F plus wind chill, I knew I didn't really have much choice but it didn't make it any less unpleasant.
Today, I saw that it was only -17*C/1*F with no wind! Only -17*C! My husband stuck his head outside and said, "Wow, it's actually warm out." Sad, right? So I decided to take my 3 miles outside. It was wonderful! Well, aside from my frozen face, but that's more my problem for not wearing my neck gaiter. I'll probably be back inside for tomorrow's 5-miler, but at least my Garmin knows I haven't forgotten about him.
Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment