It hasn't been a fantastic week for workouts since my knee was giving me grief. It wasn't painful and it didn't hurt while running, but all week something felt out of whack first thing in the morning as well as post-run. I don't want to jinx it and say it's better, but it has felt fine all day today. My sleep schedule's been a bit off too, waking up at 4:30am every morning this week. Not the groggy, "ugh I have to go to work" kind of waking up - we're talking wide awake, can't get back to sleep no matter what I do. Normally, I'd use that time to go for a run but with my knee acting up, that hasn't been an option.
On to the workouts....
Monday
Monday was a rest day from running but I did my daily RandomAbs workout to keep the streak alive.
Tuesday
4 miles in the heat of the day. I came home drenched in sweat. Not my smartest move but I survived. Later in the evening, I went to the weight room for an upper body workout followed by the day's RandomAbs. Normally I quite enjoy weight-lifting but this workout was really rough, not because it was especially difficult, but because I kept getting an exertion-induced headache with every set. What I mean is that while doing an exercise, I would develop a headache that disappeared within 30 seconds of finishing my reps. Very bizarre. Maybe it was the heat?
Wednesday
For this run, I thought I would plan things a little better so I decided to do my run in the evening, close to sunset, in order to beat the heat. As it turned out, the day was much cooler and I ended up freezing during my run. However, I did get to try out my new shorts that I ordered from Lululemon and they were awesome! I'm not a huge fan of short, loose-fitting shorts because I find my thighs end up chafing, so I was thrilled when I saw they introduced a pair of longer, tighter shorts. Finally, I finished up the day with a RandomAbs workout.
Thursday
Thursday was supposed to be a bike ride, but my knee was feeling wonky when I woke up so I decided to skip it. Instead, I spent the day on the couch, icing it while doing some research. I am determined to fix this thing before it gets to be an injury. I did do my RandomAbs workout, though, since that doesn't involve my knee.
I also got a call with some information about the move to Winnipeg. With what the clerk told me, we are one step closer to possibly being able to know something that might be concrete someday. Which is to say that I know nothing new.
Friday
Scheduled rest day (from running anyways). Still did RandomAbs though.
Saturday
Today I was smart. Since I knew today would be hot, I went for my run as soon as I got up. Granted, that was at around 10am but I'm a night owl, not an early bird - don't judge. In the afternoon, we hit the weight room and I'm happy to report that there were no funny headaches this time. I'm progressing nicely with my weights but I've discovered a slight problem - my limiting factor is my grip strength. In certain exercises, I find that my forearms end up tiring long before the working muscles do and it's preventing me from progressing as I would like. Any suggestions? And of course, I did the RandomAbs workout - 9th day in a row.
No comments:
Post a Comment