Monday, June 4, 2012

Not so healthy eating...

Confession: I have been eating like crap the last few weeks, especially the last few days. I've been using my marathon as an excuse to eat what I've wanted the last week, all the things I didn't let myself have while I was in training. Like pizza, chocolate chip ice cream, cheese fondue, cake, girly drinks....dare I go on??? It's disgusting and it's starting to catch up with me, especially with my decreased mileage. I feel really gross and it's time to do something about it. I'm going back to my calorie-counting, starting tomorrow morning. I'm also going back to our meal-planning, now that I have the time to go to the grocery store and actually make decent meals (you know, the ones that come from cookbooks, not boxes). I especially want to incorporate more in-season vegetables and fruit. If you have any suggestions for meals/snacks to help me kick-start my renewed commitment to healthy eating, I'd love to hear them!

On a side-note, today I FINALLY got my admissions letter from the University of Manitoba. I applied to the school back in January and with a 4.39 GPA over 4 years of university, I wasn't exactly stressed about getting in. However, I do need to give the admissions letter to the military so they can proceed with my file. So, 6 MONTHS after applying (and at least 3 semi-harassing phone calls to the admissions office), I finally got my letter. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment