Monday, June 11, 2012

Last week's workouts

I realized that I haven't been posting my workouts very often, so here's what I did last week. The main focus has been easing back into running post-marathon, as well as building strength.

Tuesday June 5: 3 miles in 28:36
Wednesday June 6: rest day
Thursday June 7: 3 miles in 30:14
Friday June 8: no run (achy knee); 45min of upper body strength training, plus a RandomAbs workout
Saturday June 9: no run (knee still grumpy): ZWOW #21; RandomAbs workout
Sunday June 10: scavenger hunt run; RandomAbs workout

Going into Saturday's workout, I was already a little sore from Friday. It only took me about a half hour to do both the ZWOW and the ab exercises. Not a huge time commitment. But holy crap! Sunday morning, I was so sore that I could barely sit up to get out of bed. I had no idea such a short workout could leave me walking like an old lady. The lesson here - don't underestimate the power of a short, intense workout.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully not too sore! Short and intense is sometimes the best workout. I was able to finally run again! 1.5 miles! It's a start.

    ReplyDelete