After my 30k race last weekend, I set out to cover a comparable distance this weekend (18 miles). Honestly, I didn't really want to do it. I would have much preferred to stay in bed or on the couch all day. I didn't care that it was nice and sunny outside - I wanted to be lazy, especially after spending 4 solid hours cleaning yesterday. But I didn't. I pushed myself out the door and got those 18 miles in. It was a fight the whole way and I wanted to give up for most of it.
Like my awesome run from a couple weeks ago, I decided to run from the base into downtown Chicoutimi and this time the plan was to continue to Jonquiere (to my work, in fact) to get the rest of my miles in. Here are some pictures of the river and the fjord:
I continued along the waterfront, following the bike path. The signs told me I would get to Jonquiere eventually so I kept going and going. After two miles of slow, steady climbing, I was beginning to get a bit fed up. I also noticed that I was in the middle of the woods and couldn't see any houses or roads. On top of that, my left foot started to cramp up. I finally decided to turn around and head back into Chicoutimi (which meant 2 miles of downhill - yay!).
I finished my run in 3:19:13 (Garmin data) and then I called Chris to come pick me up in Chicoutimi. While I was waiting, I bought a Coke from the grocery store and man did it taste good! Now, I'm plunked on the couch, icing my left foot, with plans to make chicken parmesan for dinner. Yum!
Sometimes getting out the door is the hardest part for me. Good run though! Bet that coke was awesome!
ReplyDeleteBest-tasting Coke ever, I think.
DeleteSounds like a great run. Beautiful pictures!! Even with your Garmin the miles seem to go by slowly.
ReplyDelete