I left the house at 11am, after a breakfast of delicious ham-and-cheese crepes made by my father-in-law. It was about 6*C/43*F, but with 20km/h (12mph) winds and much stronger gusts, it felt a lot colder. Most of my run was spent running north, where the wind was coming from. That combined with all the hills made for a much slower run than I would have liked, but what can you do?
The first 7 or so miles passed relatively quickly and easily. I had a lot of turns to take as I navigated my way through the rural countryside, so that kept things interesting. However, once I got on the road that runs parallel to the highway (northwards, of course), I was stuck there for a good 8 miles. 8 miles of running straight into the wind and freezing my butt off. It was rough - it took a lot to convince myself to keep going, but I managed.
Once I turned east, out of the wind, the last 5 miles flew by. There were a couple of challenging hills towards the end but surprisingly, I wasn't completely dead when I finished. I think that bodes well for my race in 4 weeks, especially since the course is quite flat. When I was about 3 miles away from the new house, I called my in-laws, who came to pick me up. Here's the link to the Garmin data if you're interested.
A few statistics to note.
- 20 miles is a new distance PR for me
- April has been my highest mileage month ever with 117.13 miles in the books (and there's still tomorrow)
- My 2012 mileage total is 359.98, which averages out to almost exactly 3 miles per day. This puts me well ahead of the pace to achieve my 1000 mile goal.
Happy running!
Yay for a new distance PR!! Sounds like you kicked butt on that run.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Nice work. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So proud!!
ReplyDelete