The last few weeks, my motivation towards my job has dropped significantly. I have about 8 weeks left and I just don't care anymore. Mostly, it's my tax centre groups that are leaving me feeling blah. This is the second year I've taught most of the students and it's just not interesting anymore. I'm finding it hard to put in the same effort as I used to - I just don't have the energy or the desire anymore.
Being an ESL teacher was definitely not what I planned to do in life. It just sorta happened when we got to Bagotville and I was looking for a job. It went like this: you're Anglophone, you have teaching experience and you have a languages degree - you can teach English, right? At the time, it was supposed to be temporary, as was our time in Bagotville. Flash forward 3 years and here we still are, with no end in sight.
Sorry for the depressing post, but that's about how I'm feeling at the moment.
I know the feeling...
ReplyDeleteWe're in Florida for "3 years" and while I've enjoyed the things I've learned here, I cringe if I think of extending our time past the current expiration date...
What dream-career did you have in mind before this detour?
I honestly can't even remember.
DeleteBut I've been trying to get in the military as a Logistics Officer for over a year now. I figured out that's what I want to do - I'd be good at it, it'd be interesting and stimulating, and there are a lot of opportunities associated with it. But the new Canadian budget just came out and it looks like the military won't be hiring new people any time soon.