Ugh, this whole winter thing is really getting old. I'm tired of waking up extra-early to see if we need to shovel before going to work. I'm fed up of scraping the car in the morning and always worrying about wearing the right clothing and being warm enough. I'm sick of there being snow EVERYWHERE all the time. And I hate being cold. The sad thing is.....this is likely going to continue for another 2 months minimum. Great.
Monday
I had a 3-mile run on the schedule. I was trying out some new shoes on the TM and I didn't like how my knee was feeling (no pain, just weird) so I cut it short. Missing a mile here is really not that big a deal; I'd rather have my knee intact for all the future miles.
Tuesday
I had the most AWESOME run!!! It was the first speed workout I've done in a while and it was fantastic! 5 minute warm-up, then 30 x (30 second super-fast intervals followed by 30 seconds of rest), with a 5 minute cool-down. After going so fast before, my cool-down at my usual speed felt like walking. My legs were pretty beat at the end, but we weren't done yet. Then it was off to spinning. The first 3/4 of the class were fine but at the end, he had us do a 9-minute climb followed by a 2-minute wall-sit. At that point, about 1 minute into the wall-sit, my quads said enough and I fell. I managed to get back up and get the last 30 seconds or so in, but my legs were shot. I was expecting to be super-sore the next day (and the day after), but aside from a little tenderness in the hip flexors, there was nothing.
Wednesday
Haha, my "rest" day. Yeah, the day when I leave the house at around 7:15am and don't get home til close to 9:30pm. I had a mini-meltdown on the way to work - I'm fed up of doing a job that I was forced into, always running around from place to place, and micro-planning every second of the day to get everything in.
Thursday
Ended up being another rest day. To be fair, I've got my long run tonight so I wanted to be ready for that (in case of residual soreness, etc). Another long work day, so even if I had wanted to, I couldn't have gone running. The class I teach Thursday nights is from 6:30-10pm, and even though the timing is awful, I'm actually really enjoying this class. (We'll see if I say the same thing tomorrow after our Saturday morning 8am-12pm class.)
Friday
11-mile long run on the TM planned for tonight. If I didn't have a class this afternoon, I would do it outside since the weather is ridiculously warm today (as in 8C/32*F). But by the time I finish at 4, get home, change and get out there, it'll be too dark (sun sets at 4:56 tonight - another reason I hate winter). I was thinking about doing it outside either Saturday or Sunday but they're calling for temperatures in the -20*C's (-4*F) before windchill, and I really have no desire to spend 2 hours outside in those temperatures (running or not).
Tuesday sounds like it was a lovely day... Wednesday, not so much. :(
ReplyDeleteWinter is definitely a bummer. I don't know what I'd rather have, though - a harsh, snowy winter with wind chills that can kill, or a mild "sprinter" as I call it, where the flu and all kinds of other nasty bugs are rampant and I'm always sick. I guess both are maybe equally as bad. Anyway, you at least did get some good things done this week. Hang in there, winter can't last forever, right?
ReplyDelete