Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fell down the stairs...there goes that plan

This past week started off fantastically, with my speedwork as the highlight. After that, everything just went downhill. 3 days of neck tension causing me grief, freezing cold weather, insane work schedule, the call of the nap, no self-discipline apparently - it all added up to an epic fail of a weekend. After all that, I was determined to get my 11 miles in today, come hell or high water. But of course, I hurt my ankle falling down the stairs yesterday. Great. Just what I needed. I'm resting it today and I'll be back at it with an easy run tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it was your body telling you it needed rest? Hope the ankle feels better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!
    I'm sorry to hear that! (And I'm also glad you didn't get hurt any worse.) I hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete