After Saturday's 9-mile long run, I decided to take it easier on Sunday and did an easy 3 miles. When I got home from the gym, I was feeling pretty good so I decided to try the Bodyrock workout I've been talking about for the last couple weeks. It took me about 40 minutes to do the 550 reps. The leg exercises weren't too bad, but all the push-ups nearly killed me. As much as it hurt, it was good for me.
Despite all the stretching I did afterwards, I was stiffening up by the end on Sunday night. I took a hot bath to try to relax the muscles before I went to bed. That didn't work and I ended up taking two baths more throughout Monday morning. I had 3 miles on the schedule for Monday afternoon and I almost didn't go. Almost. But I'm glad I went; it was a challenge but I was able to push through it.
I was still a bit sore yesterday when I went to spinning. It was fun as always, but this week's class was extra-intense. Finally, this morning, 3 days after the Bodyrock workout, the soreness is finally gone.
This week so far has been really busy work-wise. I started a new evening course at the military community centre that runs Monday and Wednesday nights, and I'll be starting another one tomorrow night at the naval reserve unit downtown. Despite working and/or working out all day every day this week, by the time bedtime comes around, I've been having difficulty sleeping. The last couple nights, I've been averaging only about 2-3 hours sleep. Surprisingly, I haven't been as exhausted as I thought. I've started drinking green tea this week and I think it may be helping keep me alert. Weird but I'll take it. I'm hoping tonight goes a little better though. I hate just lying in bed waiting to fall asleep.
2-3 hours of sleep?
ReplyDeleteI'd be a total zombie!
(and i loathe insomnia. i'll get out of bed and read rather than lying there waiting to fall asleep)
I hope you get a good night's rest soon!
I truly thought I'd be falling asleep at my desk. I have no idea how I pulled off a 14 hour day Wednesday with only a couple hours sleep. Oddly enough, I don't think I even yawned all day and somehow I had plenty of energy. I think it might have been the green tea. It's something magical.
Delete