Saturday, February 4, 2012

Survived the week!

I'm so glad it's Saturday! My only obligation today was to go for a run; other than that, I've been relaxing all day.
Thursday ended up being a really long day. I had a class in the morning, then it was off to the license bureau to renew my driver's license and the car registration. I had another class in the afternoon, followed by an upper-body workout at the gym. I had planned to do 5 miles as well but I was too tired and I needed to prepare for my evening class. This new class runs from 6:30-10 at the naval reserve unit downtown. Starting next week, we'll have an actual book to work from, so the preparation will be considerably less. However, the books haven't arrived yet, so I had to plan 3.5 hours of activities for a class I'd never taught before. I ended up over-preparing (as usual) but I wanted to have options in case the students' levels weren't what I was expecting. The class itself went much better than I anticipated but finishing at 10pm makes for a long day.
Thankfully, this Friday ended up being a fairly easy day. I had a class in the morning, then I went shopping with a friend in the afternoon (I had some gift certificates that I received at Christmas). I did a 3-mile run in the late afternoon and I felt fantastic afterwards. I almost didn't go but I'm really glad I did.
Today's 6-mile run was another awesome one. Even though all my runs this week have been on a treadmill, it hasn't been so bad. I've been playing some number games with the speeds and the distance, so it helps keep my mind entertained. I've got another run planned for tomorrow (5 miles) and I'm thinking about following it up with that Bodyrock workout I did last weekend to see if I can beat my time.
Happy running!

3 comments:

  1. even though your week was nuts... you got in some good runs! start fresh next week! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a really good week! I understand those long days, and often consider cancelling my workouts. You inspire me to not do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Between the Loop and this blog, I feel like I have some people holding me accountable. I often ask myself, would the Loop folks find this to be an acceptable excuse for skipping a run?

      Delete