I cannot wait to go to bed. I am so exhausted, both mentally and physically. This morning started off with a 90km bike ride from Costco in Chicoutimi out to St-Felix-d'Otis and back. I did an abbreviated version of this ride a couple weeks ago and it is no walk in the park. This time, I left from Costco instead of the base, which added about 20km total to the ride. We also went right into St-Felix, almost to the other side of the town (not that it's that big of a town to begin with). The big challenge in this ride is all the hill-climbing - there's an overall change in elevation of about 275m and according to my Garmin the total ascent was 897m. Because of all the climbing, this ride took forever as people (myself included) got tired towards the end (there was also a flat tire, which added about 10 minutes to our trip). In total, we spent over 3 1/2 hours actually biking.
On the way back to Costco, just as the 170 turns into the 70, I saw two dogs running along the side of the highway. I didn't want them to get kerschmucked by a car, so as soon as we got back to the parking lot, I drove straight to the Refuge des Animaux. I told the guy there what I saw and he said he would go do something about it (since it's his job), but I got the feeling he wasn't actually going to do anything. I just hope they made it home safely.
When I got home, I was hoping to take a nap. No such luck. I had to help Chris shower and change his bandages, then after that I made lunch for the kids. When we were done eating (~3pm), we discussed the plans for the afternoon. We decided to go mini-golfing (sans Chris), but as we were getting in the car to leave, it started to rain. So we went bowling instead. We've been to this bowling alley twice before and it's always dead - we were pretty much the only people in there the entire time. My first turn, I got a strike but everything went downhill from there. I got a lot of gutterballs and a couple spares, and even between the 4 of us, we didn't even come close to 300 (not even after 12 frames). The scoring system that the alley uses is quite old and the graphics that show up when you get a gutterball, strike, etc are really hilarious. The first time we went two summers ago, we made up dances that went with these graphics and so anytime you get one of these animations, you have to do the action that goes with it. Yeah, we're weird like that, but like I said, there was no one else there.
In the evening, we made homemade pizzas. On the first pizza, we had half ham and pineapple (ham on top of the cheese), a quarter pepperoni (on top of the cheese) and a quarter chorizo (on top). On the second pizza, we had half orange pepper and pepperoni (under the cheese), a quarter pepperoni (under) and a quarter chorizo (under the cheese). I actually had to diagram this so I would know what to put where. The biggest problem was the meat over vs under the cheese debate. I personally prefer the pepperoni on top so it gets a bit crispy but the kids like it under the cheese. We also made another batch of raspberry jam. In addition to all this, I somehow managed to squeeze in two loads of laundry and dishes from two meals. Did I mention I was tired?
No comments:
Post a Comment