Sunday, July 3, 2011

Maine

Our stay in Maine was short, but pretty good. The weather was beautiful for the most part, so we spent a lot of time lounging on the beach (and eating Ben & Jerry's ice cream). Monday evening, I went for a 10km run in the direction of Cape Porpoise. It was one of my fastest runs at 58:41 over a fairly hilly terrain and in some serious heat. I was fully expecting to be unable to walk on Monday, after the Staircase Challenge the day before, but I was fine. However, Tuesday was another story. I woke up and could barely get out of bed because my hip flexors were completely shot. I spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday limping around and moving very slowly. Standing up and sitting down were huge efforts and the only way I could cross my legs was to actually lift my leg up and put it in position. I had been planning on joining the local bike club for a ride Tuesday night, but that was out of the question. Instead, I went on a leisurely ride into Cape Porpoise to get food for dinner with Chris' parents for about 15km total. Wednesday, I was still too sore to be productive, but by Thursday morning, things were better and I went on a ~38km ride. All in all, it was a good trip but as always, too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment