After a lot of waiting, Chris finally had his surgery yesterday. We were told to be at the hospital at 7am, with the operation booked for 9am. Unfortunately, there was apparently a car accident and a code red was called, so the surgery was postponed indefinitely. I was beginning to wonder if it would even happen, as Chris' name was written in pen at the bottom of the day's surgery list, but he finally got called around 11:00. I spent the time crocheting and reading in the waiting room and I finally got news around 1:00 when I happened to run into the surgeon in the hallway. Everything went well and Chris now has several staples closing the hole in his leg. After an hour or so in the recovery room, I was allowed to go in and see him, then shortly after that we went back to the hotel. Because of the possible after-effects of the anesthesia, Chris wasn't allowed to be left alone, so I didn't get to go on the Running Room group run as I would have liked. Instead, I read while Chris napped (for 6 hours!).
While I was reading, I came across a bit of a problem. I'm in the middle of The Girl Who Played with Fire and I was reading along, got to page 390, then the next page number is 311. I checked back and the text is the exact same as the first p. 311. The repetition continues, with duplicate pages until p. 342, then it jumps ahead to p. 423. Unfortunately, pp. 391-422 seem to be missing and of course this happens at a very exciting part of the book. I've been in contact with the publisher and they've been great about it - they're going to send me a free replacement copy!
We spent most of today driving and got home around 6pm. As soon as we got home, I took my bike in to get looked at because I still wasn't sure about the back tire. It's a good thing I went in because the tech said it would have eventually exploded . It was a simple fix, something to do with the valve not being pushed in; all he had to was deflate the tire and reinflate it. Done!
After some frantic laundering, I went for a 6km run around the neighbourhood. I was supposed to do my long run (14km) but I just ran out of time. That means I'll do my easy run tomorrow with CB and I'll have to do my long run Sunday afternoon after the race. Speaking of the race, for those of you who don't know, I'm doing a team sprint triathlon in Magog on Sunday with two of Chris' cousins, CB (run) and N (swim). So as soon as Chris is done at the base medical clinic tomorrow morning, we're off on another 5 hour road trip to Lac-Brome. Which means another trip through the park, my 5th in less than a week. Yay?!?
Code Red is fire....
ReplyDeleteglad you're home :)
Helena
Bizarre....On the announcement it said something about preparing for ambulance arrival.
ReplyDelete