I made it through the yoga challenge! 4 days in a row of yoga at 5:45am! I am not a morning person so I'm quite pleased that I repeatedly managed to drag my butt out of bed that early in the morning.
I took a couple days off from running after Wednesday's 5k race. Good thing too because it's been brutally hot here the last couple days. Yesterday evening I waited as late as I could to do an easy 3 miles, but I still came home drenched in sweat.
Today we hit the weights at the gym and enjoyed the air conditioning there. That's about all we enjoyed because Chris and I both had a rough strength session. I managed to get through everything (just barely) but Chris had to abandon some of his exercises. I think the week of not eating properly after his wisdom teeth surgery affected him more than he realized. To make up for it, we played some 1-on-1 basketball in the gym. He beat me 22-18 though I think if we had kept going, I might have won. We finished up our workout with RandomAbs to keep the streak alive.
Workouts aside, the weekend was pretty busy. Our friend's babysitter bailed Friday night so we babysat her two kids. Other than that, most of my time has been spent cleaning the house before I leave and packing. I found out that my flight leaves at 5:40am on Thursday, so it's a good thing I spent last week practising getting up early.
Congrats on the yoga challenge! It's never easy getting up early and it's not easy doing yoga that many days in a row! I took my first Yoga class about a week ago and felt the effort for about 3 days.
ReplyDelete