Saturday, July 21, 2012

I made it!

Just a quick update - I made it to Winnipeg in one piece. It was an early morning on Thursday, with my flight leaving Bagotville at 5:40am EST. I was supposed to have a one hour layover in Montreal before departing to Winnipeg; however, because of mechanical issues, they had to change our plane and that delayed the flight about 4 hours. I finally arrived in Winnipeg around 3:00pm CST and got settled into my room on base. I went for dinner with a friend of mine but by the end of the day, I was exhausted.

Yesterday was spent doing all my in-clearance. This meant going around from building to building filling out paperwork and getting things signed and stamped. I probably walked at least 10km all over the base - CFB Winnipeg is much bigger than Bagotville. I also got my uniform and I'll get to wear it to work on Monday. In the evening, I checked out the gym here and did a quick upper body workout.

Today was my first run in Winnipeg. I mostly stayed on and around the base, as I'm still learning my way around, but I'm definitely going to have lots of running routes to choose from.


2 comments:

  1. Nothing like new territory to explore while running. Glad that you might it safe and sound! Good luck with your move in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...made it that is ;)

    ReplyDelete