Thursday, March 8, 2012

Whew...

I've (almost) survived another week! It's been busy! I only have one hour of class tomorrow morning, so I think I can make it. I've worked out almost every day too. Here's what I've done:

Sunday
Hill workout - 6 miles, with 4 miles of hills. The marathon in Ottawa is fairly flat but the 30k race in 2 weeks has some rolling hills in the last 10k, so I want to be prepared. I just followed the treadmill's hill program and that seemed to do the trick. I think I'll up the level next time though.
Monday
4 mile easy run plus a yoga class in the evening. I was the only one there, so the instructor was able to teach me some great stretches to help with my quad tightness.
Tuesday
Spinning! I missed the last two weeks so it was nice to get back at it. We did a LOT of hill climbing! Thankfully, there was no wall-sit.
Wednesday
Rest day, though unintentional. After work, I had an appointment at the chiropractor and I was planning to go to the gym afterwards. However, I didn't feel great when I got home and I actually went to bed around 8pm. (I ended up getting up around 10pm to make some food because I was hungry - couscous salad. Yumm! Then I went back to bed.)
Thursday
Double day! Believe it or not, I actually got up at 5:30am to go to the gym!!! It doesn't happen very often, but I got in 7 miles before my morning class. In the afternoon, Chris and I went to the weight room for an upper body workout. I'm very pleased with the progress I've made in the last couple weeks! I was pretty beat afterwards.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be back at the gym bright and early to get in a 4 mile speed workout. Then Saturday'll be another distance PR for me - 15 miles!


NRR - Tonight, I played Quelf with my class at the naval reserve. So much fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the workouts! I hope your marathon training is coming along nicely! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workouts this week! I took a pilates class once where I was the only one there several times. It is like getting a personal session, loved it!!

    ReplyDelete